Ecommerce SEO strategy differs from local business SEO services, because with ecommerce, you’re not trying to rank on maps (one of the easiest ways to gain local visibility online). Instead, you’re looking to attract people who are in the market for your products and services, and you’re competing nationwide.
Here are the 3 most important things to do to improve your ecommerce SEO strategy…
- Finding Keywords with Commercial Intent – This is the most important step in ecommerce SEO. A successful ecommerce SEO company will help you define and discover keywords that have commercial intent. These are the words or phrases people use when they’re looking to buy something online. You’ll also want to look for long-tail keywords, which are more specific search terms that contain 3 or more words. Long-tail keywords often convert better than broad terms because they tell a better story about what someone is searching for. And that results in better conversion rates… a key metric in how your store is performing.
- Optimizing Your Product Pages – Each of your product pages should be optimized with relevant keywords in the titles and meta descriptions, as well as on the actual page itself. Make sure you pay attention to image alt text and ensure that every page has unique content (avoid duplicate content or pages that have the same text). Lastly, be sure to add structured data markup to your ecommerce pages so they can appear in rich search results.
- Improving Your Website Credibility – Search engines are always looking for signs of credibility and trustworthiness on your website. You should make sure you have a valid SSL certificate and perform regular security checks. You should also focus on building backlinks from reputable sources. This is especially important if you’re trying to rank in competitive keyword markets.
Choosing The Right Ecommerce SEO Company
Any decent SEO company can help you find and collect backlinks through link building campaigns and other tactics. But something you need to watch out for is the types of backlinks they are collecting/creating for you. With recent Google updates, it’s a fine line between a successful backlink campaign and one that collects ‘Toxic’ backlinks, which results in your website being marked as SPAM related, ultimately hurting your SEO and your ecommerce revenue.
Obviously, you want to avoid that, so here’s what to look for.
What Makes A Successful Ecommerce SEO Company?
When it comes to being successful as an SEO Company, your success is our success and that’s how it should be measured. Here are some of the results we’ve gotten from our clients, but to be honest…getting results like these takes more than the conventional SEO campaign.
And that’s why with SEO services for small businesses, we take a triple threat approach.
What Is Our Triple Threat Approach to SEO Services for Small Businesses?
In short, it’s a complete marketing approach that uses data & shopper tracking to inform our marketing and capture hidden revenue sources to increase your bottom line.
- First, we do the research and find rank-able keywords with commercial intent. If we can’t find any holes in the competition or long-tail keywords that we believe will begin increasing your revenue quickly, we simply won’t bring you on as a client. We’re in the business of helping companies grow exponentially, not in the business of taking money when we know we can’t overperform. Then we begin the SEO and backlink campaign.
- Second, we look at your analytics and shopping behavior of your visitors, looking for holes in your revenue bucket…where are you losing visitors and/or revenue? Bounce rates, abandoned carts, time spent and pages viewed on the site, and search queries give us a clear picture of where we can help you improve your shoppers’ experience and your bottom line.
- Third, we help you reconnect with visitors and customers to maximize your visibility. Spending money on SEO alone is a good investment for your business, but when you keep in touch with those prospective customers through email marketing, retargeting ads or creating look-a-like audiences to attract similar customers…that’s when you’re set to grow your business to new heights!
By following these steps, you’ll be able to improve your ecommerce SEO strategy and increase visibility in search engine rankings. A reliable ecommerce SEO company can help you navigate the world of ecommerce SEO and find what works best for your online store.
We’d be happy to be the Ecommerce SEO Company resource for you in the future.
You can always reach out to book a call and discover what it takes to rank your ecommerce store higher and reach your big revenue goals!
Learn more about our ecommerce SEO services here.